Digital Sign Services
This service provides the planning, purchasing, installation support and technical support for all digital signage equipment.
Furman University Academic and Administrative Departments
How to Request Service
- Services provided 8:30 – 5:00, M-F except during campus shutdowns.
- After hours support by arrangement. Digital signs operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There is no charge for providing signage support services to digital sign customers. Actual costs for signage equipment and any external installation charges are the responsibility of the customer. Cost estimates are provided as a part of this service and may range from approximately $2,000 for a basic, static sign to $20,000 or more for an outdoor kiosk. This service includes coordinating cost estimates for supporting infrastructure from the appropriate departments. The provision of ongoing support is at no charge except that replacement parts and repairs that incur charges from external providers will be the customer’s responsibility.
Signage Service Features
- Provides digital signage customers with a selection of sign types and content display options and assists with specifications.
- Offers enterprise digital signage management software.
- Periodically evaluates costs and performance of signage strategies.
- Oversees installation of new digital signs and repair/replacement of existing digital signs.
- Provides training for operational purposes.
- Provides ongoing technical support for signage.
- Provides installation services for software updates.
- Responds to technical support requests related to digital signage.
- Coordinates with Systems and Networks to establish appropriate network /system connections for database updating.
JJ Fowler, Media Systems Specialist
Consulting services in considering a digital signage project are available to all eligible customers. All technology purchases require CIO approval should projects be undertaken.
- Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Vice President for University Communications
- Consulting and technical support at customer location.
- Coordination with potential third party contractors for installation only.
- Meet deadlines agreed upon with customer for all 4 Phases of Service: planning, purchasing, installation support and technical support.
- Initial response to technical support requests within one business day
- Any related feedback in TechQual Surevy 100% positive.