Interactive Learning Technologies Support
This service provides support and online resources for the use of interactive learning technologies other than the primary Learning Management System. Representative technologies include blogs, wikis and an online survey tool.
All faculty and staff are eligible for access to these systems, and for support in developing content, configuring and using them. Faculty sponsors are also eligible to request a blog, wiki or access to the survey tool on a student’s behalf. Students whose classes require the use of these applications are eligible for support.
How to Request Service
Contact the IT Service Center (864.294.3277 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for requests for space on these systems or for support.
Support is available during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00 – 5:00) when the campus is open, and after hours by arrangement. Furman’s interactive learning technologies are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
There are no charges to the customer for this service.
Learning Technology Services
- Assists with setting up and using enhanced learning technologies.
- Provides recommendations for structuring content within designated spaces.
- Offers assistance with designating appropriate permissions for classroom use or collaboration.
- Provides consultations in choosing from alternative applications to accomplish specific pedagogical goals.
- Performs troubleshooting for problems encountered in using the technologies.
Susan Dunnavant, Ed.D., Director of Learning Technology Services
- A Furman NetID is required to access most of Furman’s Learning Technologies. Others require an account with assigned credentials.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval is required for surveys that involve research with human subjects. Such approval should be sought prior to the distribution of any survey instrument.
Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean
- Completed Requests
- Ongoing support and implementation
- Personal consultations
- Access to the survey/questionnaire creation/distribution tool will be provided to the requestor via an online link that require the use of a Furman NetID
- Assistance in developing a survey instrument and analyzing results is available via online reference materials, online instructional videos and personal consultations
- 100% positive response from customers in informal post-engagement inquiry
- Initial response to requests within 2 business days 100% of the time
- Increasing use of auxiliary systems as measured by usage logs
- Positive responses on post-implementation review when conducted on the systems
- 90%+ positive responses on TechQual Survey items related to these applications or freeform feedback where learning technologies are mentioned