This service provides for the rental of equipment for students.
The following equipment is available for rental:
- Windows laptops
- iPad Mini
Equipment must be picked up and returned to the IT Service Center.
Furman students can rent equipment upon completion of the rental agreement and payment of rental costs.
How to Request Service
Contact the IT Service Center by email, phone (3277), Web form or visit the IT Service Center in the lower level of the Library at least 1 day prior to your event.
Equipment rentals are made on a first-come first-serve basis so advanced reservations are highly recommended. Equipment pickup and return can be made during IT Service Center hours.
- Semester: $250 (Laptop), $150 (iPad Mini)
- Summer: $125 (Laptop), $75 (iPad Mini)
- Monthly: $100 (Laptop), $50 (iPad Mini)
- Weekly: $30 (Laptop), N/A (iPad Mini)
- Late fee: $10/day (Laptop), $5/day (iPad Mini)
- Missing/Damaged: Replacement Cost (Laptop), Replacement Cost (iPad Mini)
IT Service Center
- Coordinate pickup and return of rental equipment
- Offer assistance in the use of equipment available for rental
- Maintain equipment for rental to ensure full functionality
- 24-hour notice to ensure proper testing of equipment
- Student completion of rental agreement
- Student payment of rental fee to Student Business Center
- Equipment is in working condition & available
Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Completed work requests
- Equipment picked up and returned by renter from IT Service Center
- 100% of rental requests will be fulfilled when equipment is available