University Cable TV System Management
This service manages and maintains the University cable TV infrastructure including the cable TV network cabling and channel feeds from contracted service providers.
Faculty, staff and students
How to Request Service
- Approved Work Requests
- Escalated Incidents or problems from the IT Service Center
Business Standard - Service availability target is Monday- Friday 8:30 am. – 5:00 p.m. No on-call engineer support provided. Support Service is Next Business Day. Full Support Center Service request schedule is available.
There are no charges for this service.
Systems and Networks
- Plan, install, configure and test cable TV systems and configurations to deliver contracted and University cable TV channels.
- Provide adequate video quality to cable TV jacks.
- Provide channel programming guide.
- Process fulfillment requests for installation, moves, adds and changes to approved cable TV locations.
- Provide cable TV requirements to support procurement activities.
- Maintain cable TV assets in compliance with supporting 3rd party vendor and lease requirements.
- Maintain information about installed cable TV hardware and networking configuration items and ensure accuracy and availability to others.
- Provide consulting services and support for cable TV jack testing, installation, deployment and operation.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support services for cable TV channels and cabling components.
- Implement capacity planning and tuning actions for cable TV assets.
- Coordinate and schedule Cable TV repair services with 3rd party vendors and validate that expected repairs achieve expected benefits.
- Power and operating environment for cable TV equipment
- Channels provided by contracted 3rd party service providers
- Functional service provider signaling equipment
Vice President for Student Life
- Satisfied Work Requests
- Consulting and support
- 98% uptime for entire cable TV system
- 95% response within 8 business hours