This service manages and maintains all infrastructure telephony assets such as desk phones, PBX, IP telephones, fax access, and long distance plans.
All university departments
How to Request Service
- Approved Work Requests
- Escalated Incidents or problems from the IT Service Center
Business Critical for Campus Services, Business Standard for individual line support
Business Critical - Availability target is 24X7X365 except for scheduled maintenance, holidays or acts of nature or dependent party outages, or seasonal services. System redundancy and Full On-call engineer support is available with 4 hour after-hours response target. Full Support Center Service request schedule is available.
Business Standard - Service availability target is Monday- Friday 8:30 am. – 5:00 p.m. No on-call engineer support provided. Support Service is Next Business Day. Full Support Center Service request schedule is available.
- Some phone services will be billed according to telephone services billing policy.
Systems and Networks
- Plan, install, configure and test telephone hardware, applications and systems software configurations to meet desired calling functions and features.
- Provide adequate voice quality and dial tone availability.
- Provide conferencing, and call management service configurations.
- Provide voicemail services.
- Process fulfillment requests for installation, moves, adds and changes to telephony equipment.
- Configure telephony equipment for network access and perform testing to ensure equipment is operational and fit for purpose.
- Decommission telephony hardware, applications and related systems software upon request.
- Provide telephony requirements to support procurement activities.
- Obtain and manage telephone numbers to meet business needs.
- Maintain telephony assets in compliance with supporting 3rd party vendor and lease requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support services for telephony hardware, software and networking components.
- Implement capacity planning and tuning actions for telephony assets.
- Coordinate and schedule telephony repair services with 3rd party vendors and validate that expected repairs achieve expected benefits.
- Provide consulting and support services for monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Manage and maintain definitive hardware stores for telephony spare parts and equipment.
- Power and operating environment for telephone equipment
- Functional networking for IP phones
- Local and long distance connectivity provided by contracted 3rd party access providers
Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Satisfied Work Requests
- Consulting and support
- 99.999% availability outside scheduled outage
- 95% of service calls responded within 8 business hours