Electronic Messaging Services
This service provides delivery and storage of electronic mail messages
Faculty, staff and students are eligible for this service.
How to Request Service
- Approved work Requests
- Requests and incidents escalated from the IT Service Center
- Approved operational procedures
Business Critical Availability target is 24X7X365 except for scheduled maintenance, holidays or acts of nature or dependent party outages, or seasonal services. System redundancy and Full On-call engineer support is available with 4 hour after-hours response target. Full Support Center Service request schedule is available*.
There are no charges for this service .
Systems and Networks
- Send and receive email, both internally and via the Internet.
- Enterprise Calendaring features with sharing, and free/busy scheduling capability for appointments and reminders.
- Enterprise global address list of email addresses and "for internal use.
- Provide mailbox storage space in fixed sizes to hold and store messages per identified business requirements.
- Send and receive limited sized file attachments (such as Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, etc) with messages being sent or retrieved.
- Provide the ability to create mail distribution groups holding a number of email addresses for easy distribution.
- Delete Email and calendar items per corporate legal and business requirements.
- Provide access to messaging services over the internet via company approved browser solutions.
- Provide shared messages, contacts, and calendar items.
- Provide effective anti-virus and anti-spam solution.
- Provide access to email lists allowing a user to send email to a single list address in order to communicate with all list members who have optionally subscribed.
- Functioning network and server infrastructure
- Internet access for mail and messaging to/from the Internet
- Person reporting a problem provides sufficient data to research the problem
- People with smartphones are responsible for configuring their devices with provided settings
Vice President of Finance and Administration
- Delivered messages via desktop, laptop, and smartphone devices
- Completed work requests
- Completed requests escalated from the IT Service Center
- Resolved incidents escalated from the IT Service Center
- Consulting Support
- 95% of electronic discovery requests satisfied within two weeks.
- 95% of spam messages filtered.